There are numerous way for you to join the fun. FIRSTrelies on the help of volunteers to support all of our programs, assist at our events and competitions and plan for our future. From administrative help and writers to field attendants and media relations, our volunteers have a broad spectrum of talents. Our programs, operations and competitions don't happen without hundreds of people just like you.
FIRST is dedicated to promoting safety, and security, for participants, volunteers, and staff who attend FIRST events. The procedures we have established protect you as a volunteer, and FIRST as an organization.
Age requirements for volunteers:
- Event volunteers must be 13 years of age, however, some events set a higher minimum age requirement.
- Under 18 years of age, parent/guardian permission is required to apply through FIRST Volunteer Information and Matching System (VIMS).
See more specific information about:
- volunteering for the Chesapeake Regional FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC),
- for a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) event or
- for a FIRST LEGO League (FLL) event.
- Contact us to volunteer for a Jr.FLL event or to learn more about volunteering with Maryland FIRST.